About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
Being Eva and Daniel's mom is awesome - They are what I never knew I always wanted (to paraphrase a character from "Fools Rush In").

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First post!

**NOTE** This post took me 3 days to complete!

Written 7/30/08
Yeah - I am finally posting! At my current rate of blogging, I should have approximately 3 blogs posted by the time Eva is 18 years old. I created this page two or three days after she was born...and then did nothing until about three weeks ago. Then, I added some pictures...but still did not post an actual blog. Oh well, I have been having a great time being a new mom, and Iam writing important things down in other places!

So, I don't have anything very earth-shattering to write about tonight, but I knew if I didn't start sometime, I might never start at all!

Written 8/1/08
Well, turns out I'm partially psychic, or as we say in my family, psychotic. It has taken me three days to complete this ONE post. Good thing I didn't have twins! I have to admit that I am going to be stealing blog ideas from Annie, Pam, Diane, and Roz, who are all much more clever than I am. Also, Roz has the MOST entertaining children, so she naturally has blogs that are hilarious to read! Ah well, between the 5 of us, I am the only one with a girl baby :) And what a darling baby girl she is . . . if she gets any cuter, I am going to have to enter her into the grueling world of child acting/modeling. More pictures will be coming soon. I am also going to put up some pictures of my remodel - John is redoing our kitchen/living room which is approximately 1/3 of our living space. He's doing it by himself (with help from family and friends) on nights and weekends. We are all tolerating the remodel well (so far) and we are enjoying the many options Champaign/Urbana offers for eating out. Sadly, this is not going to be very good for my post-partum weight loss, and I am going to take complete advantage of that fact, placing all blame for any weight gained on the remodel (and not the blizzards and cheesy tots).
Time to go wake Eva up so she can eat and go back to bed - I know, I know, it sounds silly, but it is her new thing - her evening nap is so long I have to wake her up at her old bedtime. She's still sleeping 10 or 11 hours at night, so I can't complain about that!

No comments: