About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
Being Eva and Daniel's mom is awesome - They are what I never knew I always wanted (to paraphrase a character from "Fools Rush In").

Monday, August 31, 2009

I have a little girl . . .

. . . that's right - Eva is a baby no longer. I guess she's been growing up for, oh, the last 19 months or so, but the last week or so has been filled with things little girl. Here's a quick run-down (pictures will follow tomorrow as I was supposed to be in bed by 10 pm tonight).
1) Tea parties - she mostly likes to have these with her dad, though she will deign to have one with me or Grandma Jackie if he's not around. Her favorite thing is to eat "custard" out of the tea cups with the tiny plastic spoons.
2) A potty - though not quite ready to embark on the adventure of actually using a potty, she now has one, and she comes to tell us when she has to poop. She just won't use the potty to do it.
3) Sliding solo - is there anything more grown up than climbing up the stairs all by yourself, and then sliding down the slide - ALL by YOURSELF!??! I don't think so.
4) "No" - in a word, this is the end of babyhood. Example - ME: "Eva, please come in the bathroom with me." Eva: "No." It is said with an air of "not right now, mom, really, I'm busy doing this other fun thing," and it is still pretty cute, but I know it will get old fast.
5) Caring for her "babies" - currently all the babies in our house are naked, but well fed. She does not like her kids to be clothed, and babies with cloth bodies are frowned upon (as the cloth cannot be removed). However, she loves feeding her babies, using that same tiny plastic spoon. She also loves to kiss and "pat, pat, pat" her babies. Giving kisses is also getting cuter, as she no longer just gives you a little peck, but says "mwah" to emphasize the fact that she is REALLY kissing.

So, I am more ready for this next baby than ever, because I am watching my little girl grow up too fast.

I promise to post pics and/or video soon!

No comments: