WARNING: LOTS OF POOP MENTIONED IN THIS BLOG
I believe we are taking steps in the right direction, that is, a diaper-free destination. It's kind of hard to say, though. Eva has had her potty for a little over a month now, and we've progressed from sitting on it with clothes on to sitting on it naked. And, starting yesterday, we actually pooped outside of the diaper! But, not in the potty. It was on the floor, right next to the potty, mainly because she stood up as she was going. Not as gross as it sounds, really, it was easy to clean up (WAY WAY better than wiping it off of a bottom after someone sat in it in her diaper). And, today, she is peeing promptly when her diaper is removed - again, while standing next to the potty. This is a good sign, right (if a somewhat uncontained one)? I mean, she knows to come and tell me when she has to poop, and she has possibly figured out that you're supposed to go pee when you take your pants off in the bathroom. If only she had more words, so she could say "Yes, Mommy, I am starting to understand this whole potty-training thing, I swear. It's not just a coincidence and amazing timing on your part." Hopefully, this time next week we'll be using the potty itself, instead of just going in the general vicinity of the potty, i.e. the entire bathroom floor. I'm thinking I should get some of those diposable pads you use to paper train puppies - that's basically what she's doing right now - slowly learning that where to go by getting closer and closer, geographically speaking. Ahh, toddlers - aren't they a blast? And, in further Eva/potty related hilarity, I'm going to have to take in her tiny, tiny underwear to make it even tinier, because they don't make underwear small enough for her petite derriere. So, even if she wakes up tomorrow and totally gets it, she can't wear big girl pants until I make them small enough that they'll stay up. Maybe I should call them tiny girl pants!
P.S. - To all parents horrified that I am pushing my 19-month-old into potty training too early, my Grandma Margie swears she would have considered herself a failure as a mother if her kids weren't potty-trained by age 2. This is the same Grandma who gave me the advice "Never wake a sleeping baby," and that worked out, so I'm going to go with her on this one, too! And if you want to wait until your child is ready, by all means. Heaven knows, Eva may still be at this stage in 6 months!
Winter Update!
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment