Tomorrow, Daniel will be 6 months old. I can't believe it - all the usual cliches come to mind "time flies . . .", "just yesterday . . .", etc, etc. But, I have to say that he just gets to be more fun every day. And, I'm saying that after he woke up at 4:45 this morning, so I really mean it! Tonight, we had a family play-do party. Don't worry, he's sitting on the bumbo on top of a stool (completely disregarding all safety instructions, I know) so he isn't actually almost as tall as Eva. She had a great time having all of us at the table together - and tried to share with her baby brother much more than was probably safe. He only got one large gob of play-do in his mouth, which I quickly fished out, and actually it seemed to make is a little more pliabe, so maybe we'll have him drool on all our worn out play-do! 
Eva was very excited to hold him today, more than she has been lately, and she held him on the couch for about 15 minutes, even after he pulled her hair. Daniel had his first teething biscuit today, too - I forgot how disgustingly gooey they get. Eva really wanted to try one (I tried calling them biscuits to discourage that, but she still decided it was some kind of treat) and found it to be way too hard to bite. I have to be honest, I was so curious, I had to try a bite, too! The flavor isn't terrible, but they are so dang hard - I guess so they "melt" vs. break off and cause a choking hazard.
What else funny happened today? I am so tired, I feel like I've already forgotten some of the things I wanted to write down! Let's see - in the bathtub, I always brush Eva's teeth for her, and then it's her turn to brush them. Tonight, she wanted to brush my teeth. As a good mom, I had to let her do it - even though she and Eli do heaven knows what with those toothbrushes - I'm pretty sure she's scrubbed the tub with it. Yum! She also "does" my hair every day after I fix hers. She says, "Mama turn," which I just can't resist. I did manage to turn down the edemame she offered me at dinner - she had chewed the pod into smithereens - "dedishus bean" (Delicious bean)!
We had a great weekend up visiting Uncle Tim in Elmhurst - we went to the Brookfield Zoo and saw lots of "eenimals" (animals). When we left this morning, Uncle Tim asked if she had a fun time - and she said "Bo-wing" - which you would think means "boring" but is actually "bowling." We took her bowling almost a month ago and she still talks about it anytime we talk about anything fun!
Oh yeah - here's another HILARIOUS thing Eva's been doing. She'll do this with almost anything (a greeting card, a dime, a "noo-nul" (noodle)), but tonight it was with a little ball of play-do. It had fallen on the floor, so she picked it up and hugged it, and patted it and said "shh, shh." Then, she feeds it from her "button" - that's her interpretation of breastfeeding! The feeding includes realistic slurping sound effects. Then, of course, she has to burp the tiny green ball of play-do. And finally, the little ball gets a "kees" (kiss). It is one of my favorite things to watch her do, especially when it isn't the typical doll or stuffed animal.
Daniel is sitting up by himself for a few minutes at a time, and he may be a roller - he can roll back and forth and he almost seems to get the concept that if he rolls he can get to stuff that is out of reach. His favorite thing is still to be naked (see video - that's the only time he gets so chatty)! Fortunately, he doesn't mind getting dressed again. He loves faces right now, and I love holding him up to my face and feeling those tiny hands pat me on each cheek. He only tries to gouge my eyes out a little bit. I keep his nails pretty short, since he has deadly aim for his own face - the other day it looked as though a cat had attacked him during his nap. He gets a little crazy!
We are getting all packed up, and in two weeks we'll have cleared this house out. It is going to be a little sad to leave this house that welcomed our two babies home, but the new house is going to be SO much more room and a great location. I can't wait! We talk about our new house all the time, and today Eva desperately wanted to go and visit. Hopefully, that means she'll settle right in :)
Hope all is well with all my readers! We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment