100 posts - compared to my more prolific friends, it has taken me quite a while to reach this milestone . . . ah, well, at least I made it!
To commemorate this momentous occasion, I have a top 10 list - not a top 100, because that would be way too long to enjoy ;)
August 2010 Top 10
10. Daniel is pulling up on everything, can transfer from the ottoman to the couch while standing, and is basically "steps" away from taking steps - look out, Eva! If he walks in the next month, he will reach this milestone a full 4 months ahead of his sister.
9. Eva wanted me to help her step over some toys the other day, but I was feeding Daniel, so I couldn't. She took her own hand, "helped" herself over the toys, and then said "You feel better, Eva?" Both heart-wrenching and sweet - at least she's learning to be independent.
8. Daniel had his first Oreo - see picture - no other words necessary.
7. Potty-training is officially done, I think (at least for the first kid). Eva hasn't had an accident since the first week of August. She even gets out of the bathtub to pee (I think that's because we emphasize not peeing in the "cool").
6. Daniel LOVES his new cousin, Henry. Well, actually, I think he would love to chew on him. And pinch him. And generally torment him. Poor Henry, he may have a rough time at the hands of his older cousin.
5. Eva has been riding her tricycle - for real! She puts her feet on the "cuddles" (pedals) and pushes. Gotta get that girl a helmet.
4. Daniel weaned himself at 9 1/2 months - expensive decision, but not one he consulted me on. Hello formula, good-bye breast milk. At least I don't have to wear nursing pads anymore.
3. Eva loves running errands with me - she especially likes it when we have a cart to put things in. Anything she thinks we need she picks up, saying, "Mama, we prob'ly need this. I put it in cart." When I'm not paying attention, I end up with 4 jars of mustard and 2 containers of garlic salt that I definitely don't need.
2. Daniel started sleeping past 7 - and even 8 some days. Woo hoo! He loves his new blankets, too. I got him some big muslin blankets from Aden & Anais. Maybe there's a connection there.
1. Not sure this should be number 1 - but, it is the most hilarious thing, even if it does not represent my best parenting moment. Eli has been peeing in our backyard from time to time, and Eva LOVES to join him. The other day (while both Annie and I were indoors with the younger kids), Eva came running in to tell us, "I did a beeg one" (her euphemism for poop). Annie and I groaned in unison, then both said, "Where?" Sure enough, right in the middle of my yard was a little pile of poop. Super-awesome - I don't have a dog anymore and I'm still picking up poop. Silver lining, though - at least it wasn't INSIDE on the floor. Or in public.
That's about all for August. Yesterday, we celebrated Annie's birthday at our house - the kids really enjoyed the cupcakes that Grandma Bev ordered! Hello, September, hard to believe it's going to be fall weather soon.
Oh, and one last thing - my query to other parents: and it's a good one ;)
Eva has started talking on her cell phone. And by cell phone, I mean her hand. She'll say "Someone's calling me!" and then hold her hand up to her ear and have an in-depth conversation. About 80% of these are with Poppa, and the rest are split between Tim/Sara (said as one because that's how she and Eli talk about them - as one person) and Daddy. My dilemma is, she got "a call" during dinner the other night. So here's my question, fellow parents: Do I need to start telling my 2-year-old that she cannot take pretend phone calls on her hand cell-phone during dinner?
Winter Update!
8 years ago

1 comment:
You make laugh. That was a great post!!
Congrats on your 100th post! Woot Woot!
Post a Comment