I can't say for sure which of my friends taught me the term "rock star parking" (was it you, Skye? It seems like your type of thing - in fact, the first time I remember hearing it was parking at the Canopy Club, and I think I was with you . . . anyway) but I say it ALL the time. So, the other day, when we pulled into Meijer's 35.82 acre parking lot and the very first spot in the very first row right next to the door was open, I said, "Yes! Rock star parking!" To which Eva immediately replied, "Thank you very much, Rock Star, for giving us parking." Maybe she is learning manners!! I had just told a friend at work that it seems like no less than 5,000 times a day I tell the kid to say please and/or thank you, to seemingly no avail. But say "Crap" once, and she starts using it in context whenever we're out in public. Kids!



Daniel, though not on par with his sister for verbal antics, is nevertheless entertaining. He tried to climb onto the back of the toilet again today, after carefully handing me the kleenex box and Eva's wipes container. Thanks, Daniel. I so appreciate that you didn't throw them on the floor. He also helped John in the yard this weekend with our massive tree removal project (100+ and counting!) and the stick he chose to play with was taller than me. He could lift it over his head. Verbally, he will repeat ALMOST anything - or try to. Can you guess the one word he absolutely does not say, or even attempt to? That's right - "Eva." We even watch Wall-E so that he can see how a robot says it. Oh well, maybe he'll start calling her "kitty" - that's his new word today!

1 comment:
Guilty. We use it all the time.
Post a Comment