About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
Being Eva and Daniel's mom is awesome - They are what I never knew I always wanted (to paraphrase a character from "Fools Rush In").

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Love, Eli - Tuesday

Dear Mommy –
Happy new house day, Mommy & Daddy! I am so excited to come home and see my new room. Poppa says he’s bringing me a new big bed to sleep in, and that’s good, because I’ve been sleeping in a full-size bed here and I still push up against the rail sometimes! Today was very rainy, but we still got to have some fun. This morning was kind of a rough time for potty-training, but I’m feeling a lot better now. I took another one of those marathon naps – 3 and ½ hours! I got to stay here at the wodge with Gramma while Aunt Cammie and Poppa took the other two kids into Bemidji. Those mini corn dogs from the wodge are the best. After my nap, I ate ham and beans – I was really polite at dinner, Daddy, just for you! First, I asked Gramma, “Is this Eli’s seat?” then “is this Eli’s plate?” and then “is this Eli’s juice?” I loved ham and beans – I kept saying “Zat good, Gramma?” After dinner we went to the wodge for the 10th time today, and Susie made us bubble makers. They were really fun! I played with Gramma and Eva in the little cabin – we made Gramma a hamburger and fries, and it cost her $2 to eat at our drive-thru. It’s a very fun game! I got to have ice cream tonight – chocolate with sprinkles, and stay up kind of late since I didn’t wake up until 5 o’clock from my nap. I miss you and Daddy, Mommy – Eva is being a little harder on me today, and sometimes she makes me so sad when she takes my toys away. But, I am getting really good at shaking off owies – I asked Poppa to blow on my knee today when I fell down, even though it had a real scrape on it!
See you in a few days, Mommy & Daddy! I am sending you lots of hugs and kisses. Gramma is giving ME a lot of hugs and kisses, so don’t worry about me!
Love, Eli

1 comment:

Annie said...

We don't worry at all- we just miss you tons Eli! We love talking to you on the phone even if Daddy can't tell what you are saying most of the time. Keep being a good polite boy- we love you! And we love your Aunt Cammie for keeping us in the vacation loop!