About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
Being Eva and Daniel's mom is awesome - They are what I never knew I always wanted (to paraphrase a character from "Fools Rush In").

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Feverish


Eva is on day number 5 of her illness, and boy am I ready for her to get better! Luckily, her fever is only 100 today, which is much lower than it has been, and she started on antibiotics for her UTI yesterday. I feel like a bad mom, since I kind of thought that she had a UTI last week. I should have taken her to the doctor then, but she had just had her shots and I thought they would brush me off with that as an excuse, since her only symptom other than smelly pee was being a little more fussy than usual. Unfortunately for the poor baby, she had to spike a 103.3 temp to get her mom to take her to the doctor! At least she is on the road to recovery now. Luckily, we spent the weekend at Grandma Jackie and Grandpa Dan's house, so they helped with baby jiggling, rocking, and walks to help keep Eva happy even though she was under the weather. Grandma spent a lot of time comforting her. Poor Eva had to spend much of the weekend in only a diaper to help keep her cool.
I hope she just keeps getting better now - she has been a such a good girl even with a fever and not sleeping the greatest. Last night she finally slept through the night, so hopefully between sleep and medicine she will get back to her happiest self in no time.

1 comment:

Annie said...

We are so glad you are feeling better Eva! We can't wait for the video postings :)