About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
Being Eva and Daniel's mom is awesome - They are what I never knew I always wanted (to paraphrase a character from "Fools Rush In").

Friday, August 15, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

Well, I am happily sitting in Galesburg at my parents' kitchen table with YES - instant internet connection (still can't figure out how to re-hijack my neighbors' at home). Being back in the bosom of my family makes me nostalgic, and I think back on ALL my wonderful memories (and not just those that include Eva). So, here are a few of my favorite things . . .
>> Christmas morning - Santa came until I was 26 years old
>> CRL vacations - after 20 years, it is still like Christmas in July to round the bend and see the sign for the resort.

>> Summer - one of my most vivid memories of childhood is being 8 or 9 years old, looking out the window on a summer evening and thinking, "Life cannot get any better than this . . ."
>> Family gatherings - we always laugh, and laugh, and laugh some more
>> My husband - right now he's building our kitchen - thank heaven for his handiness!
>> Giving presents - there is nothing I like more than finding THE gift for someone, and then watching them open it!
>> Eva - she's had a fever for the last two days, and she is still such a happy girl, and still sleeping pretty darn good, too. She's the sweetest baby girl.
Of course, this list is not complete, but I just feel so lucky today, so I had to write (type) some of my blessings down!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Those are my favorite things too!! I wish I was there, and while I'm getting things done around here I really hate missing family bosom time :) Give my Eva a smooch for me, I miss her!

TimPiper3D said...

hey you forgot frisbee golf! I hope eva's feeling better, mom told me about her trip to the doctor

SkyeF said...

I still thoroughly treasure the little blue fairy you bought me to replace my bluebird that Holley lost in the floor.